Mandsaur City is located in the Malwa district of Madhya Pradesh. Pashupatinath Temple is the main attraction in the city. Dashpur was the old name of Mandsaur. It is situated on the Cancer streak and because the sun’s rays are less around the winter climax, this location is known as Mand Surya, which later became Mandsaur.
Purana identifies Mandsaur as the hometown of Ravana’s bride, Rani Mandodari. It is described in the Ramayana and even in Kalidas’ Granth. The history of Idol is connected to one of the villagers of Mandsaur.
The main attraction of Mandsaur is the Temple of Lord Pashupatinath, which is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is situated on the bank of the Shivna River.
Pashupatinath Temple History
Pashupatinath Temple is an old temple located in Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh. It is located on the banks of the Shivna River. The idol of Pashupatinath is unique in the whole world. It has eight faces, which are seen in different poses.
The stone on which clothes were washed by a dhobi named Uda was the idol of Lord Pashupatinath. It is said that one day when he was sleeping, Lord Shankar himself came to him in his dream and told him that the stone on which you wash clothes is one of my eight avatars.
Hearing this, Uda told his friends and everyone else to remove the idol from the river. The idol was so huge and heavy that even a pair of 16 vines was unable to pull it, but with the help of people, the idol was pulled out.
When the idol was removed from the river, a miracle happened. The idol moved from that river to this corner, but shouts were used to move it so that it could be placed in a good location away from the river.
The location from which the idol did not move. Today, a huge temple of Lord Pashupatinath is constructed at that place. Due to a lack of money, the temple could not be constructed for about 18 years.
It is said that the idol was kept safely in his garden by a gentleman there, Mr. Shivdarshan Agarwal. The idol was consecrated by Bhagwatcharya Shri Shri 1008 Swami Pratyaksha Anand Ji and later a huge temple was constructed by the Queen Mother of Gwalior State, Shri Vijayaraje Scindia and the golden kalash was installed on the peak of the temple. The idol of Mahadev Shri Pashupatinath has been made in a very attractive manner on a single stone.
Pashupatinath Temple Darshan Timings
Opening and closing timings of Pashupatinath Temple Mandsaur are given below.
|Temple Opening Time
|Temple Closing Time
Pashupatinath Temple Puja Timings
|Mangala Aarti and Shirngar Aarti
Also, check Puja in Shree Pashupatinath Temple
Stay Option Near Pashupatinath Mandir
YatraDham.org has the best accommodation option near Pashupatinath Mandir at a budget price. You can book Dharamshala with all the required amenities.
Significance of Pashupatinath Temple Mandsaur
- The Idol of Pashupatinath is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is a creative Ashtamukhi sculpture that exists only in Mandsaur, after Kathmandu.
- This unique sculpture is made of smooth, glowing, dark copper.
- The temple has an adorable statue of Lord Pashupatinath, whose weight is 4600 kilograms, whose straight height is 7.25 feet and whose curved height is 11.25 feet.
- The statue of Pashupatinath has eight heads, which are divided into two parts. The first half has four heads on top, while the second half has four heads on the bottom.
- Each face has a name itself which is mentioned here: Sharv, Bhadra, Rudra, Ugra, Bhim, Pashupati, Mahadev, Ishan
- Sculpture is divided into two parts each part has four faces that represent the four phases of life.
- The famous temple has four doors that pave the way in four different directions for example, north, south, east and west.
Places to visit near Pashupatinath Temple
- Shree Tapeshwar Mahadev Mandir – 350 meter
- Nalcha Mata Mandir – 2.5 km
- Bade Balaji Mandir – 1.6 km
- Bandi Ji ka Baug Jain Mandir – 1.2 km
- Mandsaur Fort – 1.1 km
- Shree Bahi Samet Shikharji Sudarshan Parshwanath – 17.5 km
How to Reach Pashupatinath Mandir
Mandsaurs do not have any direct frequency by air. If you prefer to go by plane, there are two nearby airports at Udaipur and Indore, respectively. Both airports are well connected with several cities in the country and also have daily flights.
From the airport, all kinds of frequencies can be easily accessible. Many government buses and private vehicles are available from there.
Mandsaur City has its own railway station, which is 2.9 km away from Pashupatinath Temple. This railway station is connected to many cities. From there, you can take an auto or cab to visit the temple.
Mandsaur is well connected to all cities via road. You can go there with the help of a private vehicle. Neemuch bypass is one of the best routes to travel via road.
Read all this information about Temple History If you have any further queries, please let us know in the comment section.
Here we mentioned all the details about Pashupatinath Temple which include the History, Puja temple timing and how to reach there with the help of different modes of transportation. If you have any queries let us know in the comment section.