Prayagraj Magha Mela 2022 also known as the mini Kumbh mela of India begins from date January 14 and ends on March 1. The Magha mela is held in the month of Magh in Allahabad city on the banks of Triveni Sangam (where rivers Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati meet).
Important Magh Mela Snan Dates 2022
Here are important snan dates during the Magh Mela 2022 starting from Makar Sankranti.
January 14th – Makar Sankranti
January 19th – Paush Purnima
February 1st – Mauni Amavasya
February 5th – Vasant Panchami
February 16th – Magha Purnima
March 1st – Maha Shivaratri.
Dharamshala in Allahabad
Best Dharamshala is available in Prayagraj, Allahabad with an online booking facility.
About Prayagraj Magha Mela 2022
Magha Mela is the biggest fair held every year in Allahabad. Lakhs of people from the country visit this fair. This mela takes place for 45 days. On these auspicious days, saints and devotees take a holy dip in the Triveni Sangam to wash away sins which leads them to Moksha. Cultural activities and rituals take place. Sacred pujas are performed on the banks of Triveni Sangam.
Preparation of Magh Mela in 2022:
- Bringing certificates of both doses of vaccine is mandatory.
- Devotees are made aware of following the protocols.
- Registers are kept in every camp.
- The health department is stationed at every checkpoint.
- Strict arrangements are made at every level to prevent Covid infection
- Those who are infected due to corona are isolated.
- Fair will be held under Covid protocol
- It is mandatory to keep the RTPCR report 48 hours in advance for the people attending Magh mela.
Here are the best accommodation ideas for you in Prayagraj, Allahabad, while planning your visit to Magh Mela.