Shore Temple, Mahabalipuram is a very popular temple and the very first difference lies in its name itself, this temple is situated along the shore of Mahabalipuram beach, which is located along the Bay Of Bengal. There is a wide range of activities you can do here, and you can enjoy the most amazing views and the sea here. You will find detailed information about this temple’s Fees, Times, Accommodations, and many more.
Shore Temple, Mahabalipuram About
Because of its architecture, this temple is very popular in Mahabalipuram and is one of the estate sites in the world as classified by UNESCO. Shore temple is a structural temple built with blocks of granite. It is one of the oldest structural stone temples in southern India. It is a good example of the first phase of structural temples constructed in the Dravidian style of architecture.
Architecture, Religious place
Entry for children below 15 years is free and for Indians, 10 INR for foreigners is 340.
Temple remains open from 6 am to 6 pm.
It will take 1-2 hours to enjoy the surroundings of this temple.
Note: You don’t need to pay charges for photography but for videos, you need to pay an additional 25 INR. Entry tickets are accepted only till 5:30.
Things To Do
- Shore Temple is located in such an environment that you can spend a mind-refreshing weekend with family as well as friends.
- Mahabalipuram beach is the most amazing place over there one can sit and relax over there and enjoy activities such as games, swimming, and many more, especially for youngsters.
- There are many popular festivals including Indian Dance Festival which is held in Mahabalipuram every year. We suggest you visit the temple at this time so you can experience many things.
- Other tourist places worth visiting include art sculpture shops, a lighthouse, a tiger cave, submerged temples, and many more.
Best Time To Visit
In the season of Monsoon, you can see the best view, better landscape, Climate, and much more. And in the day vise the best time in the morning and in the evening you know the reason right?
Where Is Shore Temple Located?
Shore Temple Mahabalipuram is located South Of Chennai in Tamil Nadu, India.
Shore Temple Interesting Facts
- This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu.
- This temple is the most popular constructed during the Pallava dynasty and is known as the first stone structure constructed by the Pallavas.
- This temple is much big and the entire temple is divided into many sections and each section is having a shrine of different deities. Once you visit the temple you will clearly know why this temple is famous.
- The entire structure of this temple is monolithic and is similar to the design of the Panch Rathas and this is a very important feature of this temple.
- This temple has several shrined and sculptures of God and Goddesses from the religion of Hinduism.
Shore Temple Nearby Attractions
- Sthala Sayana Perumal Temple
- Ganesha Ratha
- Sculpture Museum
- Arjuna’s Penance
- Light House Museum
- Trimurti Cave
- Mamallapuram Light House
- Karukathamman Temple
Accommodations In Tamil Nadu
Till now you have read about every detail of the temple and as you know that there are many places that you should visit when you plan to visit this temple this trip is not short as one day so of course, you need places to
stay right? And the best part is here we have a list of Accommodations In Tamil Nadu for you all to stay and enjoy your peaceful trip.