Amarkantak is located in Anuppur district in Madhya Pradesh. It is a pilgrim town. The Amarkantak region is a unique natural heritage area. It is famous because it is the meeting point of the Vindhya and the Satpura ranges. It is also an emerging point for the Narmada, the Son, and the Johila rivers. Amarkantak tourist places attract a lot of tourists around the year. And here you can find Amarkantak Ashram Stay near the temple and other tourist places, the best time to visit Amarkantak, how to reach it, the distance, and more.
Places to visit in Amarkantak:
- Narmadakund: It is located at a distance of 1 km from the city center at the heart of the city. This place is believed to be the place where river Narmada originates.
- Kapil Dhara: It is located at a distance of 48 kms from the city center. It is one of the non-religious attractions of the holy city.
- Amarkantak temple: Trimukhi Temple is located at a distance of 2km from the city center. It was constructed on a hilltop of the city of Amarkantak during the reign of kalachuris.
- Mai ki Bagiya: Located at a distance of 5 kms from Narmada Kund, Mai ki Bagiya is a beautiful picnic spot.
- Ancient temples of kalachuri Period: The ancient temples of the Kalachuri Period were constructed under the supervision of Kalachuri Maharaja Karnadeva. They reflect the sheer brilliance of the Kalachuri architecture that is also to be seen in temples like the Pataleshwar Mahadev temple and the Machhendranath Temple. Surya temple or Suryadeva temple is also located here.
- Sonakshi Shaktipeeth temple: It is located at a distance of 5 kms from the city center. This temple was constructed in honor of Goddess Sonakshi.
- Amarkantak plateau: Amarkantak Plateau, is a mountain range in Madhya Pradesh state, central India. It runs in a north-south direction and forms the eastern base of the triangular Satpura Range.
Best Amarkantak Ashram Stay:
There are numerous options for Dharamshala, ashrams, and Jain ashrams in Amarkantak near the temple. There are also guest houses in Amarkantak. Visitors can choose any of the ashram accommodations, suitable for them. You can book your ashram directly from Yatradham by visiting given following links:
Best time to visit Amarkantak tourist places:
The Amarkantak weather is of temperate type. The best time to visit Amarkantak is the winter which is between October and February.
Amarkantak – Kanha: 30.3 km
Amarkantak – Omkareshwar: 52.5 km
Amarkantak – chattisgarh: 127.8 km
Amarkantak – Jabalpur: 222.6 km
Amarkantak – Ujjain: 740.9 km
How to reach Amarkantak?
- By air: Jabalpur airport is the nearest airport to Amarkantak that is located at a distance of 245 km from Amarkantak. Direct Flights are available from Delhi and Mumbai.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is the Pendra Road railway station which is situated at a distance of 30 km from the Amarkantak in the west.
- By road: Amarkantak is very well connected by road to various cities of India. There are both private and government buses running on the roads of Amarkantak.