Located at a height of 2000 ft above sea level, Amba Ghat is a mountain pass on Ratnagiri-Kolhapuri road in Maharashtra. This Ghat lies in the Sahyadri mountain ranges and forms picturesque mountain scalps and a pleasant climate.
During Monsoon season its beauty reaches its peak and is the best season to visit this beautiful enclave with your family. Also, a road trip with friends could be another addition to the beautiful memories of your friendship. This Ghat attracts a lot of tourists from whole over India.
Amba Ghat resorts are one of the most sought-after accommodations in Amba Ghat.
Major Attractions near Amba Ghat:
- Ambeshwar temple
- Manoli Dham
- Panhala fort
- Nanij Math
Best time to visit Amba Ghat:
Monsoon is the best time to visit Amba Ghat as it is during this time when tourists are mostly attracted. During monsoon the weather turns misty and also there are many waterfalls.
How to reach Amba Ghat:
- Air- The nearest airport to reach Amba Ghat is Pune airport which is at a distance of 260 km. Also the nearest domestic airport is lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak Ratnagiri airport which is 75 km away.
- Rail- The nearest railhead, Sangameshwar is around 50 km away from Ghat. It is very well connected with major cities of the country.
- Road- Amba Ghat is located in the Kolhapur district which is 386 km away from Mumbai. It is easy to reach by road as it falls well between the RatnagirilKolhapur route.
- Amba Ghat from Kolhapur: 71 km
- Amba Ghat from Pune: 242 km
- Amba Ghat from Ahmedabad: 894 km
Amba Ghat resorts:
- Kyriad Prestige Riverside resort
- The Amba resort
- Hornbill Resort Amba Ghat
- Whispering Woods resort