Beautifully nourished in the magnificent Nilgiris is the little hill station of Coonoor. Located near Ooty, Coonoor hill station projects a picturesque location with its lush green vegetation of tea. It is famous for producing world-famous Nilgiri tea. Drinking this famous Nilgiri tea and watching the beautiful picturesque location from the hill would be nothing less than a beautiful dream. Coonoor is a major tourist destination that attracts a number of tourists from all over the world. Visiting this place once could be an adventure of a lifetime! Also, Coonoor hotels attract a number of visitors every year.
Things to do in Coonoor:
- Indulging in a joyride in Nilgiri mountain railways.
- Taking an adventurous trek in Hidden valley
- Having a quality family time at Sim’s park
- Reliving Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara vibes by taking a road trip to Lamb’s rock
- Picturesque hike to Law’s falls
- Taking a trek to Katary waterfalls
- Learning how to make cheese from Acres Wild
- Going down the lane for a history lesson at Droog fort
- Swimming to the beauty of Katherine falls
- Visiting and trying various Assortments in the Indian bakery
Location and distances:
- Hidden Valley: Located on 168K2 Rolston club road which is 15 kms from Coonoor.
- Sim’s Park: Located on Walker’s Hill Road
- Lamb’s rock: Located on Dolphin nose road
- Law’s falls: Located at a distance of just 5 kms from Coonoor.
- Katy waterfalls: Located at Adikaratti at a distance of about 55 kms from the main city
- Acres Wild: Location- 571 upper Meanjee Estate kannimariamman, DM Kovil st, Coonoor, Tamil Nadu
- The distance from Ooty to Coonoor is mere 20.2 km.
How to reach Coonoor?
Coimbatore International airport is the nearest airport to Coonoor which has direct flights to Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, and also to Singapore, and Sharjah.
NH 67 connects Coonoor to Ooty and other cities. You can easily find buses, cabs etc.
Coonoor is served by the Coonoor railway station which is a part of one of the Nilgiri Mountain railways which is also one of the things to do in Coonoor. Visitors from Ooty can take the direct Coonoor to Ooty train.
Best time to visit Coonoor:
The best time to visit Coonoor is between the months of October to March.
Hotel in Coonoor:
There are numerous options for hotels in Coonoor. Visitors can choose from the available options according to their convenience.
Best hotels in Coonoor:
- Gateway Coonoor
- Orchid Square
- Great Windows resort
- The Misty Meadows
- Serenity Manor
- Hotel Vivek
- Kumar’s Mountain View Cottage