Bhandasar Jain Temple, Bikaner in Rajasthan has some different energy and vibes in the temple because there is some kind of facts that we are about to tell you in this blog as well as history, timings, things to do, and many more.
Bhandasar Jain Temple is also known as Banda Shah Jain temple and is famous for wall painting and artwork. As you all know Rajasthan is famous for its ancient forts, lake, and Rajasthani culture. Many people from all over the world come to Rajasthan to explore the beauty and culture of the Rajasthani People.
Bhandasar Jain Temple History
According to history, this temple was constructed by Bhandasa Oswal in the 12th century. This temple has many structures inside which include the antarala, meaning the inner house,garbagriha maha mandapa, and also the ardhamandapa. This Bhandasar Jain temple is dedicated to the Sumatinatha, the 5th Tirthankara. The temple is still very well maintained and is kept very clean.
Bhandasar Jain Temple Interesting Fact
- The building used 40,000 kg of ghee while constructed in this temple and on hot summer days the ghee seeps out of this wall.
- This statue inside the temple of Sumatinath is made up of pure silver.
- The Chief building material of the Jain temple is Red Sandstone.
- Apart from this the temple also has the stories of the 24 Jain Tirthankaras.
Banda Shah Temple Timings
Banda is a temple that is open 24 hours throughout the year.
Things To Do
- It is said that if you are in Rajasthan and not shopping the culture Rajasthani things then what you did do? The marketplace is very near to this temple a distance of 5-6km.
- Beyond that, if you are interested in history and their culture food etc then local people will be the best people who would tell you about everything and every piece of information.
Things To Note
- No leather items are allowed you can keep them outside.
- Try to avoid visiting in the month of May and June because everyone knows the temperature of Rajasthan in the summer season.
- The road is not very well maintained so you are highly advised to travel by local transport.
- Do not carry any food items and especially non-veg items they follow very strict rules.
Accommodations In Bikaner
This is the best room with the best facilities available if you book from our site YatraDham.Org and can explore as well as enjoy Bikaner and the temple.