Great news for all road travellers on the Bhavnagar to Surat route. The much-awaited Ropex Ferry service connecting Bhavnagar (Ghogha) to Surat (Hazira) is to start operation on November 8, 2020.
Saurashtra and Surat have been connected by business and culture for ages. This connection from Hazira to Ghogha will now get a boost and be more convenient and stronger.
What is The Ro-Pax Ferry Service?
There are three kinds of ferry services
- Ferry: Only for passengers.
- Ro-Ro: Roll on. Roll off. This is for vehicles only.
- Ropax: For passengers and vehicles both.
Distances of RoRo Ropax Ferry Service
The distance between Surat and Bhavnagar by RoRo | Ropax Ferry service is 90 km.
- Bhavnagar to Ro-Ro Ferry Terminal, Ghogha distance is 19 km
- Surat to Ro Ro Ferry Hazira distance is 34 km
We have mentioned the Ro-Pax and RoRo ferry timetable and price in detail below. Continue reading.
Dg Sea Connect Surat, on September 12, relaunched its long-awaited Ro-Pex ferry services between Ghogha (in Bhavnagar) and Hazira (in Surat) on September 7, 2020.
Ropex Ferry is the first and largest solar-powered Ro-Pax ferry in India. It provides more accessible passenger travel and transport between Saurashtra and Surat. ro-ro ferry surat to Bhavnagar ticket price is less than any other transportation medium.
The solar-powered Ro-Pax ferry, according to Voyage Express India, will drastically reduce fuel usage, adding to support the Central Government’s initiatives to encourage the use of renewable energy. In addition, visitors will be able to go from Hazira to Ghogha twice daily.
The Ropax Ferry project effectively reaches its goal of giving people affordable travel options while reducing the distance between Ghogha and Hariza from 394 km, which takes 12 hours by road route, to 90 km and only 4 hours by seaways.
The Facility at Ro-Pex Ferry
Voyage Express and Voyage Symphony Ship
- Fully air-conditioned
- Three cafeterias
- Game Zone and the deck, from where everyone can enjoy the majestic beauty of the sea.
Ro-Pex Ferry Voyage Express Seating Capacity
|Voyage Express Seating||Passengers|
|VIP Lounge Class||22|
|Cabin 22||11 Rooms (4 Passengers Per Room)|
The Transport Capacity of The Voyage Express Ship
RoRo Ropax Voyage Symphony Seating Capacity
|Voyage Symphony Seating||Passengers|
|VIP Lounge Class||14|
The Transport Capacity of The Voyage Symphony Ship
RO Ro Ropex Ferry Timetable
The latest timings of the Ro-Ro | Ropax Ferry Service are as follows:
The Ghogha to Hazira ro-ro ferry timetable is given below.
|The Voyage Express||Time|
|Depart From Ghogha||5:00 AM|
|Depart From Hazira||8:00 AM|
|Depart From Ghogha||8:00 AM|
|Depart From Hazira||4:00 PM|
RoRo Ropax Ferry Booking
You can book your ticket for Ropax Ferry from dgferry.com.
Contact Detail of DG Ferry
Email ID: [email protected]
Mobile No.: 8035216990
Ticket Price of RoRo Ropax Ferry Service
The ticket price for the Ropeax Ferry is according to the travel class. There are different types of travel classes that are mentioned below.
Voyage Express Ticket Price
Class Wise Ticket Price in Voyage Express
|Executive Class||Rs. 627 per seat|
|Sleeper Class||Rs. 650 per seat|
|Business Class||Rs. 700 per seat|
|Room/Cabin Class||Rs. 5,000 per seat|
|Cambay Lounge||Rs. 1500 per seat|
Ticket Price of Ro-Ro Ropax Ferry For Vehicles
|Ro-Ro Ropax Ferry Ticket Price For Vehicles||Price|
|Price per car||Rs. 1200|
|Price per bike||Rs. 99|
|Price per truck||Rs. 3,000 (gross weight: 3 tonnes)|
|Price per bus||Rs. 5,500 (empty bus)|
|Tempo Traveller||Rs. 3000|
Voyage Symphony Ticket Price
Class Wise Ticket Price in Voyage Symphony
|Executive Class||Rs. 351 per seat|
|Business Class||Rs. 650 per seat|
|Cambay Lounge||Rs. 1200 per seat|
Ticket Price of RoRo Ropax Ferry For Vehicles
|Ro Ro Ropax Ferry Ticket Price For Vehicles||Price|
|Per Car||Rs. 1200|
|Per Bike||Rs. 99|
|Per Truck||Rs. 3,000 (gross weight: 3 tonnes)|
|Per Bus||Rs. 5,500 (empty bus)|
|Tempo Traveller||Rs. 3000|
Capacity of RoRo Ropax Ferry
Places to Visit Through Ropax Ferry Service
Here, we have provided a list of famous places you can visit with the help of the Ropax Ferry Service.
Take a trip from Ghogha to Somnath for an amazing time! Ghogha Ropax Ferry Terminal provides beautiful surroundings. View the former Ghogha port. Enjoy amazing views of the Arabian Sea and beautiful villages while travelling to Somnath.
The distance between Ghogha Ropax Ferry Terminal and Somnath Temple is 260 km. The general route from Ghogha to Somnath is by road via Bhavnagar, Talaja, Mahuva, Una, and Diu.
If anyone wants to travel from Surat to Dwarka, then the Ropex Ferry Hazira to Ghogha provides the best route to reach Dwarka in a short time.
- First, they have to reach the Hazira Ropax terminal and then book a ticket for Ghogha
- After reaching Ghogha, there is the best road connectivity to reach Dwarka
- Follow the route NH 27, which flows west via Rajkot and continues to Dwarka.
Shree “Mogal Maa” temple Mogal Dham Bhaguda is located in Mahuva taluka of the Bhavnagar district. It is 79 km from the Ghogha Ropax Ferry Terminal.
The distance between Ghogha Ropax Ferry Terminal and Palitana is 70 km. Palitana is home to a stunning cluster of Jain temples on Shatrunjaya Hill. Climb up the hill to see these beautiful temples while enjoying the amazing environment.
Gir National Park
Travel from Ghogha to Gir National Park in Gujarat! It is 225 km from Ghogha Ropax Ferry Terminal. Go on a safari tour to see lions and lots of other animals in Gir Forest. It’s a short trip, but you’ll see the beauty of the beach and the excitement of wildlife in one adventure!
Cancellations and Refunds Policy of Ro-Ro | Ropax Ferry Service
Note: GST (18% extra) is applicable on cancellation charges.
- 30 days before the Date of the Journey: 90% Refund
- Between 2 and 30 days before the date of the journey: 80% Refund
- 1 day before the date of the journey: No Refund
- In the case of cancellation by the operator, a refund will be issued to the passenger (less tax and handling charges)
RoRo Ropax Ferry Service Refunds Policy
- Refunds will be processed within 10–15 working days after the date of cancellation.
Please note that in the case of a cancellation of ferry service on account of
- Bad weather conditions
- Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB), Govt. of Gujarat’s orders or notices
- In case of technical issues. The ticket booking amount shall be refunded to the passenger, except for taxes and processing charges.
Terms and Conditions of RoRo Ropax Ferry Service
- Current bookings close 1 hour before ferry arrival.
- Outside food is not allowed
- All passengers are requested to carry valid photo ID proof.
- Boarding and check-in close 30 minutes before ferry arrival. No show of passengers or vehicle for boarding will be treated as an automatic cancellation,
- and no refund shall be issued.
- Smoking, spitting, or chewing tobacco on the ferry and within terminal premises is prohibited and punishable by law. A penalty of Rs. 2,500 shall be charged to defaulters.
- Carrying and consuming alcohol on the ferry and within terminal premises is strictly prohibited and is a punishable offence.
- Passengers are requested to wear the wristbands issued at ticket counters throughout the journey. The absence of a wristband shall attract a penalty of Rs. 500.
Advantages of RoRo Ropax Ferry Service
There are many benefits to travelling through RoRo Ferry.
- Reduction in rail and road traffic
- Reduction in travel time and distance
- Less road congestion and fewer accidents
- Lower Pollution levels
- Savings of 9000 liters of fuel per day
- Reduction of 14000 MT crude imports per year
- 24 MT carbon emission reduction per day
- Huge collective time-saving
- Pleasant Journey
Water transport is a highly recommended mode of transport and is being actively developed all across India.
The journey time from Ghogha to Hazira is approximately 4 to 5 hours.
Yes, the Ghogha to Hazira ferry is currently operational.
There are two trips available per day on the Ropax ferry from Ghogha to Hazira.
If you have any doubt regarding RO-RO Ferry or Ro-Pax Ferry service, then write in the comment section.