About Kirti Mandir Porbandar
Kirti Mandir is built in memory of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi and his wife Kasturba in the District Porbandar, Gujarat. There is an ancient house of Mahatma Gandhi and his wife Kasturba just behind the temple.
The inherited house where Mahatma Gandhi was born on 2 October 1869 is just adjacent to the Kirti Mandir.
The temple has age-old Oil paintings of both Mahatma and Kasturba Gandhi and Black and white photos of engaging in activities, discussion and even sharing a light moment are drawing them.
This temple and house have been the main tourist attraction in Porbandar.
Kirti Mandir Porbandar Temple Timings
|Kirti Mandir Timing
|10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
|3:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Tips To Visit Kirti Mandir
- Time Required: 1-2 hours
- Entry Fee: No entry fees
- Porbandar Railway station is the nearest railway station around 2 Km from the temple.
- The nearest airport is Porbandar Airport 10 Km away from the temple.
- The approach road to the temple complex is very narrow and vehicles need to be parked a little away from the site.
Best Time To Visit Kirti Mandir, Porbandar
The best time to visit Kirti Mandir is between October to January as the weather is quite pleasant to explore the Pilgrimage site.
How To Reach Kirti Mandir, Porbandar
- There is much public transport available from the bustling town of Porbandar to reach Kirti Mandir or can drive or ride their own vehicle to reach the temple.
- The Porbandar Railway station is nearly 2 Km away from the mandir. One can manage public transport from the station. Porbandar Airport is the nearest airport at a distance of 10 km from the Mandir.
Places to Visit in Porbandar
|Barda Wildlife Sanctuary
|Shri Hari Mandir
Accommodation Near Kirti Mandir
There are many options for accommodation that can be available in the Porbandar near the Kirti temple. For accommodation like Dharamshala, Guesthouse, Ashram, Mutts and many more options visit the site yatradham.org.
One can easily book accommodation from this site at different tourist places in India.
I hope this information will be very useful during the visit to the temple.