Pithapuram Temple, also known as Puruhutika Devi temple, is located in the Pithapuram village of Kakinada city of Andhra Pradesh. This temple is famous for the belief that the seat of Sati Devi had fallen here when Lord Vishnu cut her corpse with the Sudarshan Chakra. Here, Devi Sati is worshipped as Puruhutika and Lord Shiva as Kukkuteswara. Information on Pithapuram Temple Timings is given further in the blog.
Attractions of Pithapuram:
- Sri Kukkuteswara Swamy temple
- Sripada Sivallabha Temple
- Draksharama Temple
- Lord Veera Venkata Satyanarayana Swamy Temple
- Kotipalli Someswara Temple
- Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana Swamy Temple
- Sri Venkateshwara Temple
- Annavaram Devasthanam
Pithapuram Temple Timings:
The temple is open from 5:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the morning hours and from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM in the evening hours.
How to reach Pithapuram?
- The nearest railway station is Rajahmundry, which is about 65 km from the temple.
- Rajahmundry Airport is the nearest airport to the temple.
- Kakinada city is endowed with a good road network that connects it to other major cities.