Jagannath Puri Rath Yatra
Puri Rath Yatra is a grand Hindu festival celebrated every year at Puri, the temple tour in Odisha.
Puri Rath Yatra Date: 1st July 2022
Puri Rath Route Map
Start Location: Jagannath Puri Temple
End Location: Gundicha Temple
Total distance: 2.5 km
The Rath carrying three principal deities will proceed onto the Grand Road.
Gajapati Maharaja Palace and Mausi Maa Temple are located mid-way of the grand road.
Puri Rath Yatra 2022 Schedule and Darshan Timings
Temple Opening Time: 5 am
Temple Closing Time: 10 pm
- Mangala Aarti: 5:00 AM
- Sandhya Aarti: 5:30 PM
Paramanik Darshan from 9 am to 10:30 am.
General Public Darshan from 9 am to 10:30 am, 2 to 3 pm, and in the evening from 6 to 6:30 pm.
Darshan will be restricted during the rest hours.
NOTE: On Ubha Yatra Day (30th June) public darshan will not be available after 5pm.
Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022: Date, Festival Significance in Puri, Odisha
Puri Accommodations (Hotels Near Sea Beach and Temple)
Jagannath Puri Accommodation Dharamshala, Hotel, Bhakta Niwas Booking
How to Reach Puri Jagannath Temple?
The nearest airport is Bhubaneswar which is 64 km away.
The nearest Railway Station is Khurda Road Station which is 44 km from Puri.
Temple can be reached from Bhubaneswar Station.
Importance of Shree Jagannath Temple, Puri
- Dedicated to Lord Jagannath, a form of Lord Vishnu.
- One of the four great ‘Char Dham’ pilgrimage sites.
- The Temple is famous for its annual Rath Yatra or Chariot Festival.
- In this Yatra, the three vital deities rides on highly decorated chariot cars.
- Lakhs of devotees from all around the world reach Puri on this holy occasion in order to get the blessing of Lord Jagannath.
For an affordable stay near Jagannath Puri CLICK HERE