Zen Garden is the latest addition to Ahmedabad’s attractions. It is located on the campus of the Ahmedabad Management Association (AMA).
Zen Garden is an oasis of peace and tranquillity in the midst of Ahmedabad, Gujarat. This garden was inaugurated by PM Modi on the 27th of June. The Zen Garden is a place for meditation and a showcase for some elements of Japanese art, culture, landscape and architecture.
The Zen Garden and Kaizen Hall in Ahmedabad have been designed by Anushri Patel and Neha Rajora. They spent 15 days in Japan where they learned about the principles of Japanese Gardens.
They have tried to include all elements of a traditional Japanese garden. The unique Awaji tiles used for the pathways in this garden are a gift from the Hyogo province of Japan. A traditional stone lantern has been placed in the garden. The walls are adorned with Japanese Kimono and Nihonga art forms.
Though the climatic conditions of Ahmedabad are very different from Japan, these two talented architects have used flora and fauna to achieve a very close resemblance to a Japanese Garden.
The Kaizen Hall, which was also inaugurated along with the garden, is built on the lines of a typical Japanese Tea House. The large circular windows of the hall open to a stunning view of the Zen Garden. The Shoji interiors (Sliding Doors) of the hall are a typical Japanese feature.
Zen Garden, Ahmedabad and Kaizen Hall will go a long way in strengthening cultural and industrial ties between Japan and Gujarat.
Zen Garden Ahmedabad Address
Ahmedabad Management Association, ATIRA Campus Dr Vikram Sarabhai Marg, Road, IIM, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
How To Reach Zen Garden Ahmedabad?
By road: The nearest bus stand from The Zen Garden is the Ahmedabad city centre Bus Stand located about 7 km away from the Garden. To reach the garden by Bus or taxi.
By air: The nearest Airport to Zen Garden is The Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport is situated about 13 km from the garden.
By rail: The nearest railway station from Zen Garden is Kalupur railway station Ahmedabad, which is 7 km away from the Garden.
Timing and Entry Fee at Zen Garden Ahmedabad
Before visiting the Zen Garden you have to know about The timing and days of visiting this garden. The Zen Garden is not open all 7 days of the week, This garden is only open on a specific day and for a limited time.
Visiting The Zen Garden is not Free there are some entry fees too. Here is a detailed description of the time and day. Read all provided information carefully.
Zen Garden Ahmedabad Ticket Price
The Entry Fee to visit The Zen Garden is Rs. 50 per person(Including GST). For all person who is above 1 year old. you can purchase a Ticket from the garden or you can also book online.
Online Booking Process For Zen Garden Ahmedabad
- The Reservation process is done through AMA’s Website.
- The reservation process started 4 weeks ago and closed before 2 Days.
- In this reservation process payment mode is online and payment can’t be refundable once you make the payment.
- After successfully reservation, the confirmation is given by the AMA.
Days and Times to Visit Zen Garden
Only on these specific Days you can visit this Garden: Thursday, Friday and Saturday(except public holidays).
Here is the list of times and days to visit Zen-Kaizen Garden.
Zen Garden Opening Time List
Total 4 time slots on each day, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
5:45 to 6:15 PM
6:15 to 6:45 PM
6:45 to 7:15 PM
7:15 to 7:45 PM
At one time, only 30 people were allowed to visit this Zen-Kaizen Garden. For 30 minutes of time.
Note: Please consider it in the monsoon, The Zen-Kaizen will remain Closed.
Restriction at Zen-Kaizen Garden AMA
Before visiting this garden you have to follow some important instructions provided by AMA, management mentions which thing is strictly prohibited at The Zen-Kaizen at AMA. Read it carefully.
- Any type of harmful activity like the use of Smoking and tobacco products is not allowed in the garden.
- Any activity related to business purposes is strictly restricted by the management team of AMA, like video recording, or professional photography and is not permitted at Zen-Kaizen Garden.
- Without ID proof, no one can get entry into the Zen Garden.
- Harmful and unwanted plastics are strictly not allowed inside the campus.
- You can not carry food inside the Zen garden and AMA premises.
- There is also a restriction on sports activities. Like, running, climbing and other games you can’t play here.
Zen Garden Ahmedabad Contact Info
- Mobile – 7203030990 (8 am to 8 pm) For General Inquiry
- Email – [email protected]