Finally, it is the time to plan a Char Dham by Helicopter. Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath are the four holy Hindu temples that make up the Char Dham Yatra. So, the yatra takes place in the state of Uttarakhand. Char Dham Yatra is one of the holiest Hindu pilgrimages. The yatra is frequently made by followers from all around India.
Best Time For Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter
May and June or September and November are the ideal months to travel by helicopter to the Char Dham yatra. These are the months with the clearest and most steady skies. This pleasant weather makes flying more convenient. The weather can change suddenly, so it’s important to check the forecast for the precise days you plan to fly. Also, these months see a decrease in the number of temple visitors. Which makes it more pleasant to visit the temples.
Char Dham With Helicopter Tips
Book A Helicopter
Once you have permission, you can reserve a helicopter flight. Do this by contacting a reputable tour operator or travel company. Several providers offer packages that include travel, lodging, and other services.
Make An Itinerary
You can visit the four temples that make up the Char Dham Yatra in any order you like. Remember that May through October is the ideal period to visit the temples.
At high altitudes, the weather can be rather chilly, so bring thick clothing. Have enough food and drink for the trip in your luggage. Also, carry around any other necessities like a torch and first aid kit.
Think About The Altitude
Being informed of the potential impacts of altitude sickness is vital. Because the Char Dham Yatra will take you to high altitudes. Shortness of breath, nausea, and headache are among the symptoms. Inform your pilot and get help right away if you encounter any of these symptoms.
Keep in mind that the Char Dham Yatra is a holy pilgrimage. It’s necessary to respect the traditions and culture of the area. Before visiting the temples, dress modestly and take off your shoes.
Documents to Carry With
- Personal ID cards (Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, driving license).
- Negative COVID-19 reports, VIP Passes for darshan.
- NRIs should have a passport.
List Of Helipads
- Sahastradhara helipad in Dehradun
- Kharsali helipad at Yamunotri
- Harsil helipad at Gangotri
- Phata helipad / Sersi helipad at Guptakashi
- Kedarnath helipad at Kedarnath
- Badrinath helipad at Badrinath
List of Helicopter Services
- Pawan Hans
- Himalayan Heli
- Heritage Aviation
- Kestrel Aviation Pvt. Ltd.
- Aryan Aviation Pvt. Ltd.
Important Guidelines To Note For Char Dham With Helicopter
- A current government-issued ID. A passport or voter ID card is compulsory for passengers to check in.
- For security and check-in purposes, passengers must show up at the helipad at least 30 minutes before their scheduled flight time.
- Travelers should not carry large amounts of luggage. Only bring what is necessary.
- In the helicopter, passengers are not permitted to bring any hazardous items. This includes knives or scissors.
- If a passenger has a medical condition that would limit their ability to fly, they should let the airline know.
- Also, passengers should be mindful of the weather and make appropriate plans.
- Before making travel arrangements, passengers should confirm their helicopter ride and pricing.
- Before booking a journey, travelers should confirm the COVID-19 pandemic standards and regulations with the Indian government.
- Passengers should verify with the relevant airline or operator for the most recent information as these rules are subject to change.
Things To Take Care Of While Doing char dham yatra by Helicopter
- Carry around duffel bags. Absolutely no heavy luggage.
- Arrive at the helipad at least an hour before takeoff.
- Instead of keeping your woolens or windcheaters in your baggage, wear them.
- Only bring ready-to-eat packages and vital medications in your duffle bags.
- Bring towels or lightweight clothing with you if you plan to swim in hot tubs or saunas.
List Of Essential Items To Carry
- Antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, and medications for motion sickness.
- Woolen clothing, Windcheaters, towels, sports shoes, sunglasses, and hats are all recommended.
- sanitizers for hands and first aid kits.
- Glucon D, energy bars, chocolates, nankeens, dry fruits, and ready-to-eat meals.
- binoculars, a camera, a power bank, a cellphone charger, and a flashlight.
- Cash in hand, helicopter tickets, VIP Darshan passes, and poor COVID-19 results.
The BEST Char Dham Route Map
Let’s sum up by saying that the Char Dham Yatra is a revered journey. It includes visiting four holy temples in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. Traveling by helicopter can save you time and effort. Yet, it’s still important to respect local culture and customs. Be ready for the altitude, and be aware of the weather. Plan your trip, get the required permits, and, if necessary, seek medical attention.
1. Which dham to visit first while doing the char dham yatra with a helicopter?
You should first visit Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath in that order.
2. How many people can sit in a single helicopter ride?
5-6 persons can sit in a helicopter.
3. What is the best time to do the Char Dham yatra by helicopter?
The months of May and June or between September and November is the ideal time to complete the Char Dham yatra by helicopter.
4. Does the Char Dham yatra by helicopter package include meals?
The answer is that it depends on the package you selected. Few packages include Meals but not others. It is better to inquire with the tour provider.
5. Do the Char Dham yatra by helicopter have any age or health restrictions?
Pregnant women and people with life-threatening medical illnesses are not allowed. Children under the age of two are also prohibited from using it. It is better to inquire with the tour provider.
6. Are there any other sights or places of interest that can be visited during the Char Dham yatra by helicopter?
You can travel by helicopter to a variety of extra sights and points of interest during the Char Dham yatra. It includes hot springs, temples, and picturesque settings. Here is the list of sightseeing places to visit during the Char Dham Yatra by helicopter:
Yamunotri—Yamunotri Temple, Yamuna River, Suryakund, Shanidev Temple.
Gangotri – Gangotri Temple, Bhagirathi River, Pandav Gufa, Bhagirath Shila, Surya Kund.
Kedarnath – Kedarnath Temple, Bhairav Temple, Rudra Meditation Cave, Shankaracharya Samadhi.
Badrinath – Badrinath Temple, Mana Village, Saraswati River, Bheem Pul, Ganesh Gufa, Vyas Gufa.
7. Where to stay during the Char Dham yatra by helicopter?
You can choose from various accommodations options at different char dham places. YatraDham.Org has numerous accommodation options for Char Dham Yatra. You can book them online form here.