Thiruttani Murugan temple, also known as Arulmigu Subramanya Swami Temple is one of the six abodes of Murugan (Kartik Swami). The temple on the top of Tiruttani Hill has 365 steps leading up to it. Each step signifies a day of the year. The temple dates back to the Tamil Sangam era and has been written about by Nakeerar, the post-Sangam period Tamil poet. This temple has been visited by Lord Rama in Treta Yuga and by Pandava Arjun in the Dwapara Yuga.
Thiruthani Murugan Temple Opening and Closing dates
Thiruthani Murugan Temple is closed for devotees till 8th August and the temple will reopen after 8th August.
The main festivals celebrated here are the Aadi Krithigai festival in July/August and the 31st December Step festival.
Thiruthani Murugan Temple Temple Darshan timings:-
05:45 AM to 08:45 PM
Thiruthani Murugan Temple Pujas and Aartis in the temple:-
Like other Murugan temples, Thiruthani Murugan temple follows the tradition of six Kalam Puja throughout the day, with special Kalasandhi on Sundays and Tuesdays.
06.00 A.M Vishvaruba Dharsanam
08.00 A.M Kala Shanthi Pooja
12.00 Noon Uchi Kaala Pooja (Noon pooja)
05.00 P.M Sayaraksha (Evening) Pooja
08.00 P.M Ardhajama Pooja
08.45 P.M Palliarai Pooja
05.00 A.M Sunday Morning
05.00 A.M Tuesday Morning
Tiruttani Temple Online Dharshan Ticket Booking:-
Tiruttani Temple Online Dharshan Ticket Booking Link Click Here
Thiruthani Murugan Temple Nearby Places to Visit:-
There are many places of historical and religious interest near Thiruthani that you can visit if you have time to spare.
- Kanchipuram – home to Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam, Ekambareswarar Temple, Kailasanathar Temple, and many more monuments is just 45 km from Thiruthani.
- Mahabalipuram – Home to the famous Shore Temple and the 8th-century group of temples and monuments is 125 km from Thiruthani.
- Tirupati Balaji Temple is 66 km from Thiruthani.
- Srikalahasti – Known as ‘Kailash of the South and home to the 2000-year-old Srikalahastheeswara Temple. It is 85 km from Thiruthani.
How to reach Thiruthani
The nearest railway station is Thiruthani railway station which is 3 km from the temple.
The nearest Airport is Chennai Airport which is 86 km from the temple.
Buses are available from most cities in Tamil Nadu.
Distances from Thiruthani
- Kanchipuram – 45 km
- Tirupati – 66 km
- Vellore – 78 km
- Srikalahasti – 85 km
- Chennai – 87 km
- Mahabalipuram – 125 kmCheck, Thiruthani Murugan Temple | Timings, Sarva Darshan, Abhishekam, History
YatraDham.Org is the only portal where you find the best accommodation options that go well with your trip objectives. We are happy to say that so far we have been able to serve thousands of families and groups. Guests keep coming back to us for their next trips. This makes us happier and more confident.