Kumbh Mela 2021 Dates
Haridwar Kumbh Mela 2021 Dates started on the 14th of January, 2021, and will continue until the 27th of April, 2021. According to the Lunar Calendar, the Mela is from Makar Sankranti (1st day of the Month of Posh) to the 27th of April, 2021 (Chaitra Purnima).
Ganga Shahi Snan
Ritual bathing in the Ganga River is the most important aspect of the Kumbh Mela. Devotees make it a point to try and bathe on the Shahi (Royal) Snan days. This may not always be possible due to huge crowds. There are a number of other auspicious dates for bathing.
Shahi Snan and Ganga Snan – Bathing Dates for Kumbh 2021
14th January, Thursday
11th February, Thursday
16th February, Tuesday
27th February, Saturday
11th March, Thursday
Mahashivratri - First Shahi Snan
12th April, Monday: Somvati Amamvasya
Second Shahi Snan
13th April, Tuesday
Chaitra Shukla Pratipada
14th April, Wednesday
Baishakhi - Third Shahi Snan
21st April, Wednesday
27th April, Tuesday
Chaitra Purnima - Fourth Shahi Snan
Kumbh 2021 – A little different from past Kumbh Melas
- This year the Kumbh Mela is being held after 11 years instead of the traditional 12 years. This is because of specific auspicious dates due to favourable planetary conjunction with the zodiac (Rashi).
- Crowd Management – Since there are restrictions in place due to Covid 19, devotees who wish to bathe on the Shahi Snan dates have to pre-register on the official website and select a particular Ghat. He will be allotted a specific time slot and will be allowed to bathe for 15 minutes only.
- All ghats and the Mela area have been divided into different zones and will be monitored constantly. As soon as overcrowding is noticed, additional security will be dispatched to that area.
- Elaborate and fool-proof arrangements have been promised by the authorities. Security, safety and convenience of devotees have been kept in mind.
- Visitors from all over the world will be coming to take part in this iconic and mystical event. A Kumbh Mela is something that is unique to Sanatan Dharma and is an experience out of the ordinary.
So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and zoom to Haridwar. You will witness something that is as spiritual as it is spectacular. If you miss out there will be a long wait of 12 years before you get a chance again. Remember to follow government guidelines and stay safe!
For more information about Kumbh Mela 2021
Book Your Stay
Haridwar - Ekta Bhawan Dharamshala (Near Har Ki Pauri)
Located on the riverfront, just 800 meter from Har ki Pauri and 3 km from the bus stand, Ekta Bhawan in Haridwar offers AC and non AC rooms.
Haridwar - Leela Yatri Bhawan (Near Gujarati Samaj)
Located Only 500 meter from the bus stand, Leela Yatri Bhawan offers two, three and four bedded AC and non Ac rooms.
Haridwar - Nishkam Sewa Trust
Located in a peaceful area 4.8 km from the bus stand, Nishkam Sewa Trust has spacious AC and non Ac rooms as well as a large compound.
Haridwar - Jay Bajrang Bali Dharamshala
Located only 700 meter from the bus stand, Jai Bajrangbali Dharamshala offers two, and three bedded AC and non AC rooms with good amenities.
Haridwar - Modi Bhawan
On the riverfront and only 1.4 km from the bus stand, Modi Bhawan has a charming ambience of its own. Two, four and five bedded AC and non AC rooms
Haridwar - Sant Mandal Ashram (Near Har Ki Pauri)
Located 3.5 km from the bus stand, Sant Mandal Ashram offers two, three and four bedded AC and non AC rooms. Near Har ki Paur, other places of i...
Haridwar - K K Renuka Dharamshala (Near Gujarati Samaj)
Located only 700 meter from the bus stand, K K Renuka Dharamshala offers AC rooms at very affordable rates.
Haridwar - Derawal Bhavan (Near Railway Station)
Located Only 1.5 km from the bus stand, Derawal Bhawan has two, three and four bedded AC and non Ac rooms at affordable prices.
Haridwar - Kasi Annapurna Vasavi Arya Vysya Satram
Located in peaceful surroundings 7 km from the Haridwar bus stand, Kasi Annapurna Vasavi Arya Vysya Satram offers two and three-bedded AC rooms