Rameshwaram is a town on Pamban Island in the state of Tamil Nadu. A well-known Hindu holy temple is Ramanathaswamy Temple. There is a chakra (wheel) that is said to have the imprint of Lord Rama.
The temple is very near the seashore, so the atmosphere around the temple is very pleasant.
If you like to spend time at the seashore, then it is the best place to visit. The atmosphere around the temple is so pure that it will make your heart and mind both pure. A lot of the devotees visit this temple every year.
The temple will be open from Monday to Thursday. The temple will be closed for three days a week: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
To know more about the updated timings of Rameshwaram Temple, click here.
Places to Visit in Rameshwaram
- Arulmigu Ramnatshaswamy temple: The distance between Rameshwaram bus stand and Aruligu Ramanathaswamy temple is about 2.1 km.
If you are planning to visit Ramanathaswamy Temple, then read about the dress code and rules of Rameshwaram Temple.
- Agni Tirtham: The distance between the Rameshwaram bus stand and Agni Tirtham is about 100 meters.
- Rameshwaram Temple: The distance between the Rameshwaram bus stand and the Rameshwaram temple is about 2.1 km.
- House of Kalam: The distance between the Rameshwaram bus stand and the House of Kalam is 1.9 km.
- Khothandaramaswamy Temple: The distance between the Rameshwaram bus stand and the Kothandaramaswamy temple is about 11.7 km.
- Lakshmana Tirtham: The distance between Rameshwaram and Lakshmana Tirtham is 2 km.
- Pamban Bridge: The distance between the Rameshwaram and Pamban Bridge is 14 km.
Places to Visit Near Rameshwaram Temple
- Kanyakumari: The distance between Rameshwaram and Kanyakumari is about 309 km.
- Madurai: The distance between Rameshwaram and Madurai is about 172.5 km.
- Dhanushkodi: The distance between Rameshwaram and Dhanushkodi is about 19.2 km.
- Holly Island water sports: The distance between Rameshwaram and holy island water park is about 2.5 km.
Stay Near Rameshwaram Temple
Many Dharamshalas, Ashrams, Yatri Niwas, Mutts, rooms, and guest houses are available at Rameshwaram. You can book all the accommodations in Rameshwaram online from YatraDham.Org provides the best rooms in Rameshwaram at an affordable price.
- Rameshwaram – Maheshwari Bhakth Nivas Dharamshala
- Sri Ramanjaneya Chatram-Rameshwaram
- Rameshwaram – Goswami Madam Trust
- Nadar Yatri Nivas-Rameshwaram
- Many other Dharamshala
- Hotel Annamalai Rameshwaram
- Hotel Rathna Residency
- Hotel Visakan
- Chola Lodge
The Best Time to Visit Rameshwaram Temple
You should plan to visit the Rameshwaram temple in the winter and monsoon. Avoid visiting the temple in the summer, as it’s too hot there. So, the best time to visit the Rameshwaram temple is from October to April. Also, avoid festive days, as they are too crowded.
You will really enjoy the environment in Rameshwaram.
Rameshwaram Temple Distance from various cities.
How to Reach Rameshwaram
Madurai International Airport is the nearest airport to Rameshwaram, about 179 km away.
Rameshwaram Railway Station is about 1 km away from the temple.
There are frequent bus services available to Rameshwaram from all the major cities. Rameshwaram Bus Station is about 2 km away from the Rameshwaram Temple.
Madurai Airport is the nearest airport, 163 km from Rameshwaram.
The distance between Rameshwaram temple and Rameshwaram railway station is just about 1.3 km.
The entry fee for Rameshwaram temple is Rs. 50 per person.
Rameshwaram bus stand to Rameshwaram temple distance is just 2 km.
Ensure to cover the most important places to visit in Rameshwaram, like Ramanatha Swamy Temple, Agniteertham, Annai Indira Gandhi / Pamban Bridge, Devipattinam, Dhanushkodi and Kurusadai Island.
The total length of the Rameshwaram bridge is 2.078 km.